- CONFERENCE AND MEMBERSHIP BALANCES DUE
- MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- ICDC COMPETITIVE EVENT TRANSCRIPTS
- EMERGING LEADER SUMMIT SCHOLARSHIPS
- FUTURE CONFERENCE DATES
CONFERENCE AND MEMBERSHIP BALANCES DUE
Here is the Membership Balances Due report and the Conference Balances Due report as of today.
Unpaid Conference Fees
- Washington DECA’s fiscal year ends June 30, and we need these invoices to be paid in full. Today is the deadline.
- I have heard from several bookkeepers that “checks are in the mail,” so I anticipate getting some payments tomorrow or early next week.
- Please contact your bookkeepers. If you know that a check has not been issued yet, I urge you to find a way to call us with a credit card payment today.
- As of now, 6 areas are in jeopardy of losing an SCDC allocation in each area event.
Unpaid Membership Dues
- DECA Inc. will close their books on June 15. Chapters that have not paid their dues will be blocked from registering members in the fall until the balance is paid.
- The impact on Washington DECA: Those unpaid memberships will not count toward our final membership numbers that we are trying very hard to increase before June 15 (see #2 below). There are currently 30 unpaid members.
You/we have made progress increasing membership to maintain our current ICDC competitive event allocations in 2017-18.
- We have 10,854 members as of today—an increase of 66 members between May 11 and today.
- The current goal is to gain 146 more professional members before June 15 to reach 11,000 members.
- Here is the updated Membership Drive Memo that you are welcome to personalize and use to promote this drive.
ICDC COMPETITIVE EVENT TRANSCRIPTS
ICDC transcripts are available for purchase now at www.decatranscripts.com. Below are links to sample transcripts.
EMERGING LEADER SUMMIT SCHOLARSHIPS
The Emerging Leader Summit (ELS) is just around the corner, to be held in Tysons Corner, VA July 9–11, 2017.
- To encourage greater participation in this important summer officer training experience, $5,000 has been allocated by the Western Region Executive Committee (WREC) for ELS scholarships.
- $2,500 is set aside for states/chapters that have previously attended ELS but have a unique financial need this year.
- $2,500 is set aside for states/chapters that have never attended before.
- Each chapter OR chartered association can apply for up to $2,500.
- Up to $2,500 is available in each category, but the amounts may be divided among multiple applicants depending upon the need.
- Go to http://bit.ly/2qyKm0O to apply.
- Applications are due by this Friday, June 2 at 3:00 p.m. (ET) so DECA Inc. can process awards prior to the ELS registration deadline of Monday, June 5.
- DECA recognizes that this is a short time frame, but the application is brief.
- More information about ELS can be found on the DECA website at deca.org/high-school-programs/high-school-educational-conferences/emerging-leader-summit/.
FUTURE CONFERENCE DATES
Here is an updated list of Future Conference Dates for your planning pleasure.