1. Area Conferences Registration Update
2. Next Webinar is December 7th: Get Competition Ready in Washington DECA
3. Chapter Campaigns are due Thursday, December 1st
4. CTSO Promotion Plan Contest
5. This Week's DECA Direct Highlight: Gaining Support for DECA Within Your School
1. AREA CONFERENCES REGISTRATION UPDATE
In the next week or so, your area leaders should be communicating with you information about your area conferences. Registration links, testing, itinerary, etc. will all be included in this information. In addition, we will be posting that same information on the washingtondeca.org website as it is received.
2. NEXT WEBINAR IS DECEMBER 7TH: GET COMPETITION READY IN WASHINGTON DECA
Our final webinar of the fall semester will be December 7th and the topic is very relevant to the season; Get Competition Ready in Washington DECA! Our guest speaker will be Linda Anderson, Operations Assistant and Competition Guru. We will be highlighting resources onTeachDECA.org, as well as kicking off a weekly series on competition tips via email.
3. CHAPTER CAMPAIGNS ARE DUE THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1ST
For those of you that have been engaging your members in the Chapter Campaigns, keep in mind that the deadline to upload your completed campaigns is this Thursday. Make sure that you follow the online submission instructions! Don't forget that you can utilize both alumni (graduates from your program) and professionals (admin, counselors, advisory board members, etc.) in your membership campaign! This deadline applies to membership, promotion, community service and global entrepreneurship week campaigns!
4. CTSO PROMOTION PLAN CONTEST
Give the attached application to your students announcing a contest to promote their favorite CTSO. Deadline for submission is January 2nd, 2018.
5. THIS WEEK'S DECA DIRECT HIGHLIGHT: GAINING SUPPORT FOR DECA WITHIN YOUR SCHOOL
As the fall semester ends and the spring semester begins, keep in mind that registration for 2018-2019 is right around the corner. Plan ahead and be prepared by watching this awesome webinar on how you can gain support for your program on your campus. Look for recruiting materials to be uploaded to TeachDECA.org coming soon, also!