1. Webinar topic for January 18 – Advocacy and Educational Initiatives for CTE Month
2. Advocacy Campaign resources on DECA.org
3. SBE certification submissions are due Wednesday!
4. Change in registration deadline for SCDC
5. DECA Direct Highlight: 4 Ways to Take Your Presentation from Flop to Pop!
1. WEBINAR TOPIC FOR JANUARY 18 – ADVOCACY AND EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVES FOR CTE MONTH
We are kicking off the semester with a time appropriate webinar on why advocating for your program and understanding federal funding is critical for the success of your program. This webinar will feature Stephen Perkins, our public policy expert, as well as highlight the location of educational initiative resources on DECA.org. Log in here or watch the recorded webinar next week. This semesters webinar schedule will be available on TeachDECA.org by Friday.
2. ADVOCACY CAMPAIGN RESOURCES ON DECA.ORG
February is CTE month and a chance to gain more recognition for your program through completion and submission of the Chapter Advocacy Campaign. The campaign is due on March 1, 2018! Resources will be posted by Friday on TeachDECA.org Unit 5/5.2 Advocate for CTE and Educational Initiatives. Password is unite.
3. SBE CERTIFICATION SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE WEDNESDAY
Quick reminder that SBE certification submissions are due Wednesday by 5:00EST to the DECA Inc. submission portal. All submissions qualify for apractice presentation at WA DECA SCDC. More information will be available upon registration for SCDC.
4. CHANGE IN REGISTRATION DEADLINE FOR SCDC!!!!
WA DECA SCDC registration dates/times have been changed to accommodate written event qualification updates. Registration will open at 5:00 am on January 25, 2018 and close February 2, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
5. DECA DIRECT HIGHLIGHT: 4 WAYS TO TAKE YOUR PRESENTATION FROM FLOP TO POP!
This week's DECA Direct highlight article is "4 Ways to take your Presentation from Flop to Pop!" Check out these four great reminders of key things to do when presenting in front of a judge! Don't forget to review all of the competition tips now posted on TeachDECA.org!