1. Area Conference Information Located on TeachDECA.org
2. "How to Handle Your Chapter Finances" on TeachDECA.org
3. Stock Market Game ends December 15, 2017
4. Get Competition Ready in Washington DECA Webinar is this Thursday!
5. This Week's DECA Direct Highlight: 9 Tips on Holding Chapter Competition Workshops
1. AREA CONFERENCE INFORMATION LOCATED ON TEACHDECA.ORG
Due to the differences in times, dates, locations, and agendas for the area conferences, we will be posting some basic "Go To" information for your convenience on TeachDECA.org here. Just look for your specific area conference and "click". Available by December 8, 2017.
2. "HOW TO HANDLE YOUR CHAPTER FINANCES" ON TEACHDECA.ORG
One of the tasks that we have the least amount of time for, but can get us into the most trouble is handling our chapter's finances. Soon located onTeachDECA.org you will find a simple spreadsheet with a PDF instruction guide, as well as a collections log, expenditures log, and individual fundraiser tracking form. Adapt to your own needs, but these will get you started. Found under Unit One, 1.1 Educators by December 6, 2017.
3. STOCK MARKET GAME ENDS DECEMBER 15, 2017
For those with students participating in this year’s SMG, a reminder that the game ends on December 15. The deadline for making transactions is Thursday, December 14, 2017, at 4:00pm EST. Portfolios must contain a minimum of three different types (a stock investment, a bond investment, and a mutual fund investment) by the last trade date. For the full event guidelines: https://www.deca.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/HS_SMG_Guidelines.pdf
4. GET COMPETITION READY IN WASHINGTON DECA WEBINAR IS THIS THURSDAY!
Learn from the best how to get ready for competition in Washington DECA. This Thursday's webinar will feature not only Linda Anderson, but an overview of a six week series titled "Competition Tips"; these tips will be located on TeachDECA.org on the Weekly Updates page.
4. THIS WEEK'S DECA DIRECT HIGHLIGHT: 9 TIPS ON HOLDING CHAPTER COMPETITION WORKSHOPS
Everyone likes to win and Washington DECA sets the bar! Find out from this excellent DECA Direct article how YOU can hold an effective competition workshop for your members to help them get competition ready!