1. Competition Tip #3 coming Thursday
2. School Support Resources on TeachDECA.org
3. This week's DECA Direct Highlight: Mark Your Calendars! The Second Round of DECA's Virtual Business Challenge Starts in January!
1. COMPETITION TIP #3 COMING THURSDAY
Competition Tip #3 is all about increasing awareness for your students on the role play events. Included with this tip are: lesson plans, tutorials (for new advisors), handouts, slide decks, video examples, etc.; the complete package for "What is a Role Play" understanding!
2. SCHOOL SUPPORT RESOURCES ON TEACHDECA.ORG
For those chapters that are in need of increasing awareness and support for your programs, that topic is our focus for the first of the year. There are already resources to meet this need on TeachDECA.org under Unit One, 1.1 School Support including a presentation for counselors, handouts and articles, and more resources will be coming by the first of January!
3. THIS WEEKS DECA DIRECT HIGHLIGHT: MARK YOUR CALENDARS! THE SECOND ROUND OF DECA'S VIRTUAL BUSINESS CHALLENGE STARTS IN JANUARY!
The Virtual Business Challenges are an excellent way for new advisors (and experienced) to get all of their members involved in an educationally challenging competition. There is a track for every area of interest, they are conducted in teams of 1-3, and they utilize all of the 21st century skills! Students do not need to have competed in Round One to compete in Round Two! January 9th is the 1st day of competition and it will end on January 19th, 2018! Registration is open NOW!
From all of us on your Washington DECA Chapter Support Team,