1. Online testing starts next week!
2. Don't forget all of the "at your fingertips" competition tips on TeachDECA.org
3. February 1 – SBE resource webinar featuring Brad Charvet
4. SBE practice event at SCDC
5. DECA Direct Highlight: Join the 2018 CTE Month Thunderclap on February 1
1. ONLINE TESTING STARTS NEXT WEEK!
Just a reminder that online testing for SCDC will take place next week, February 6-8. Please reference Linda's handouts attached for detailed instructions. Also, don't forget all of the great exam prep tips provided on TeachDECA.org. Here is a list of events and cluster exams!
Online Testing Flyer
Advisor Direction To Students Prior To Testing
Online Testing Screenshots
2. DON'T FORGET ALL OF THE "AT YOUR FINGERTIPS" COMPETITION TIPS ON TEACHDECA.ORG
Now is the time to preview all of the competition tips Linda Andersen provided for your convenience on TeachDECA.org. More competition resources are also on TeachDECA.org under Unit 2, 2.1. Posted this week is a sample vimeo on Chapter Project Presentations!
3. FEBRUARY 1 – SBE RESOURCE WEBINAR FEATURING BRAD CHARVET
Do you know what a school-based enterprise can consist of? Do you operate one on your campus? Would you LOVE to hear from an expert on some great resources and ideas for how to make yours better next fall? Well, the topic for this Thursday's webinar is SBE guidelines and advice from Washington DECA and it will feature Brad Charvet from Grandview HS DECA. Log in at 3:30PM OR watch the recorded webinar on TeachDECA.org next week.
4. SBE PRACTICE EVENT AT STATE
Don't forget, if your chapter submitted an SBE certification or re-certification project online to DECA Inc., they are eligible to attend the SBE competition practice at SCDC. Here is the flyer and registration is online as part of the SCDC registration process. Students DO NOT need to bring a copy of their written paper and the topic and guidelines for the presentation are the same as for ICDC.
5. DECA DIRECT HIGHLIGHT: JOIN THE 2018 CTE MONTH THUNDERCLAP ON FEBRUARY 1
CTE Month starts Thursday, February 1st! Kick it off with a bang by joining the CTE Month Thunderclap. More information can be found here!